Functions and Responsibilities
- Carryout Database Capacity planning, Review complex SQL codes and provide guidance during deployment of new applications.
- Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and Infrastructure/Application teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
-Put measures in place to ensure integrity of the database is not compromised
- Provide support and guidance for other departments on database related issues.
- Design and implement database backup policies and procedures
-Monitor database sizes against capacity plan and ensure regular health check of database infrastructure as well as per formance tuning to ensure continuous availability and optimal performance.
- Ensure all databases operate in compliance with the bank’s security and access policies.
- Respond to internal and external audit queries and ensure remediation of observed vulnerabilities and non-conformities.
- Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
-Perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database management functions.
RequirementsA good first degree in comptuer science/ I.T with sound proficiency in database management. Relevant Master’s degree will be an advantage
Professional Membership IT certification and other professional qualification will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: